5Times Forums Liverpool FC Signings/Rodgers/twitter

0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by Profile photo of Scott Folletti Scott Folletti 3 years ago
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scott Folletti
    Scott Folletti
    Participant
    @scott-folletti

Sooo i find myself angry at liverpool fans, why?? Twitter….it seems fans on twitter anger me, never before have i been angered by liverpool fans, we are not fickle, we support our team always, usually being positive, on twitter i log in daily to see things i’d expect to see frm manc fans….i hope it stops.

Brendan Rodgers has spent an avg of less than 30 mil per season in a league full of teams spending way more on fees and wages yet in his time he has challenged for the league which was way above expectation and has turned us back into a team ppl fear and are talking about again all on a budget of 30 mil per season and i THINK 6th highest wage expense.

He was brought in to improve young players while we develop off the pitch which we needed quickly, we have sorted the stadium which we protested years and years for yet the owners on twitter get daft tweets, Rodgers has helped improved players like sterling, ibe, henderson, coutinho,studge l, mignolet and even suarez to a certain part, he certainly performed better under Rodgers, Rodgers will improve emre can, moreno, sahko, wisdom and more yet he still gets grief on twitter and in the media, we over achieved last year and this year lost suarez and sturridge, we saw the difference with chelsea having no recognised striker last season but did the media jump on jose?? Nope..

As for signings, i think we have to realise we cannot at this minute compete to get elite players, i see ppl complaining (large supportel arn’t) about the potential signing of milner and ings(comoensation) on a free.

On a free both players will be good signings, especailly milner.

The list of players i’d be happy with tgat are rumoured are:
    Benteke (divides opinion but i see him as more than a target man) -i think would be very good signing
    Clyne – very good signing
    Milner -very good signing
    ings – risk free and could turn out decent
    vietto – undedcided.
    lacazette – very good but think money bags will take him.
    Kovacic – very good signing.

what i do know is whoever we sign i won’t jump on the bandwagon of blaming Rodgers if they don’t perform as we all know we operate via committee but some ppl forget to remind themselves of that when reading in media how rodgers signings have failed.

I must admit last years signings some have not worked, some suprised me and some did not.
    lallana -injured too much to judge, had a stop and start season with injury.
    lovren – looked too nervy, suprised me, i thought would be a very good signing.
    Moreno – maybe suit left mid better than left back, size an issue at full back for me and not defensive minded.
    Ballo – not suprised never thought he would suit our pressing game and fast paced attacks.
    Can -hugely impressed, could be a big force at cm.
    markovic – came with lots of plaudits, can see potential – hopefully shows it next year.
    lambert – did worse than expected, never thought he would pull trees up but thought he wud do better than did.

The summer signings will be key to get a striker or two

We have origi coming in who has under performed in france so i’ll have to reserve judgement on him.

Wisdom coming back after gaining some experience will be good, a good strong fast player that would suit a back 3 or 4.

I hope Brendan stays at this club for years to come, i firmly believe that Rodgers will bring success back to this club.

YNWA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.