5Times brings you the latest gossip on football transfers today from around the globe…
- Despite reaching an agreement with Manchester United for £30 million, West Ham has pulled out of its pursuit of Harry Maguire. The Three Lions defender wanted roughly a £7 million severance amount to leave Old Trafford and accept a reduced salary at the London Stadium. If Maguire had chosen to leave Old Trafford, Manchester United must have already secured a replacement for him, but they would not have had enough time during the current transfer window.
- Everton has not received a proposal from Manchester United for midfielder Amadou Onana, despite rumours and claims of the opposite.
- Romeo Lavia will now be purchased by Chelsea from Southampton for £58 million.
- Once Manchester City makes an official offer for Lucas Paqueta, they will also increase their interest in Jeremy Doku.
- Manchester City recently made a bid for Lamine Yamal, a 16-year-old youth player from Barcelona, but Camp Nou rejected it. City had intended to loan him to out to Girona, Barca’s Catalonian neighbours.
- Saudi Pro League giants Al Nassr are considering paying a shocking transfer price for Alisson, the Liverpool goalkeeper, who is thought to be open to moving to Saudi Arabia.
- After losing out on Romeo Lavia and Moises Caicedo to Chelsea, Liverpool is rumoured to have a shortlist of six players to help strengthen their midfield. Near the top of that list are Crystal Palace’s Cheick Doucoure and Fulham’s Joao Palhinha.
- Arsenal’s Gabriel Magalhaes is being considered by Real Madrid as a possible replacement for Eder Militao, who is injured.
- Before the transfer window closes, Tottenham plans to offload Eric Dier and sign a new centre-back and midfielder.